Open Food Facts Android Application
What is Open Food Facts?
(These are beta versions, this is the stable version)
A food products database
Open Food Facts is a database of food products with ingredients, allergens, nutrition facts and all the tidbits of information we can find on product labels.
Made by everyone
Open Food Facts is a non-profit association of volunteers. 7000+ contributors like you have added 450 000+ products from 150 countries using our Android, iPhone or Windows Phone app or their camera to scan barcodes and upload pictures of products and their labels.
Data about food is of public interest and has to be open. The complete database is published as open data and can be reused by anyone and for any use. Check-out the cool reuses or make your own!
Translate Open Food Facts in your language
You can help translate Open Food Facts and the app at (no technical knowledge required, takes a minute to signup):
Watch the topic.
Bugs and feature requests
Have a bug or a feature request? Please search for existing and closed issues. If your problem or idea is not addressed yet, please open a new issue.
- Android Studio should be the latest stable build. You can get it from Here
- If you're running the app for the first time android-studio will ask you to install the Gradle dependencies if you haven't already, Just click install.
- If you're a new contributor to open-source, We recommend you to read our Setup Guidelines
Waffle Throughput Graph
- and others (see gradle)
Big thanks to them!
The project is initially started by Scot Scriven, other contributors include:
If you're new to open-source, we recommend you to checkout our Contributing Guidelines. Feel free to fork the project and send us a pull request.
Here's a few list of bugs:
- Very high impact: https://github.com/openfoodfacts/openfoodfacts-androidapp/labels/very%20high%20impact
- Priority: https://github.com/openfoodfacts/openfoodfacts-androidapp/labels/priority
Copyright and License
Copyright 2016-2018 Open Food Facts Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.