Books, reference guides and resources on Regular Expressions, CLI one-liners, Scripting Languages and Vim.
Free to read online versions:
- Python re(gex)?
- Ruby Regexp
- GNU grep and ripgrep
- GNU sed
- GNU awk
- Ruby one-liners cookbook
- Perl one-liners cookbook
- 100 Page Python Intro
- Practice Python Projects
- Command line text processing with GNU Coreutils
- Vim reference guide
- Command line text processing with Rust tools — work-in-progress
- Computing from the Command Line — work-in-progress
- Command Line Text Processing — From finding text to search and replace, from sorting to beautifying text and more
rubygot their own books
- Coreutils like
sort, etc were collated into a single book
- Python Basics — older version of 100 Page Python Intro
- Ruby Scripting — examples based tutorial for Ruby scripting
- Perl Introduction — Introductory course for Perl 5 through examples, geared towards VLSI engineers
https://learnbyexample.github.io/ — my super duper awesome programming blog
learnbyexample weekly — programming resources, deals and more, delivered every Friday
Here's my collection of learning resources. Thanks to mdBook, these lists also have an intelligent search feature to find resources based on keywords.
This repo also includes Bash and Vim customization files (files starting with
.) based on my personal preferences.
- Please open an issue for typos/bugs/suggestions/etc
- Even for pull requests, open an issue for discussion before submitting PRs
- Share the repo with friends/colleagues, on social media, etc to help reach other learners
- In case you need to reach me, mail me at
echo 'bGVhcm5ieWV4YW1wbGUubmV0QGdtYWlsLmNvbQo=' | base64 --decodeor send a DM via twitter
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License