This repository will hold the info gathered during the WordPress Core GDPR journey. It will be transferred to approriate other places when in a more finalised state.
The following goals are identified:
Identify all personal data stored by core processes.
Add tools (functions,hooks,etc.) in core to facilitate compliance, and privacy in general:
- For Administrators/site owners to get an overview of what data is stored and how to use the tools
- To anonymise/delete personal data
- To show/export personal data (for transfer)
- Add notices for both registered users and commenters on what data is collected in core by default, and why.
Setup a privacy centre to hold GDPR information for site users, for site administrators, and developers.
- For site users and administrators: What is collected, how long, why, etc
- For developers: How to use the core tools
The roadmap can be found in this document.
See the separate document for the knowledge base.
See the separate document about Cookies created by @pento and @clickysteve.
See the separate document for the synched info created by @pento and @clickysteve.
A separate document is created with useful links.
We could keep a list updated with Trac tickets.