What is the SwitchBot opensource project?
SwitchBot is a smart IoT robot to mechanically control all your switches and buttons. You can control the bot by your smartphone app (iOS or Android, SwitchLink, or other platform based on our open APIs.
The python-host distribution is supported and tested on Python 2.7.
How to Install?
On Raspberry Pi. You will need:
- A Raspberry Pi 3 or A Raspberry Pi 2 plugged with a Bluetooth dongle.
- A SwitchBot.
- An SD Card with a fresh install of Raspbian (tested against the latest build 2017-01-11 Jessie with Pixel).
- Boot your fresh Pi and open a command prompt.
- Install the require library.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install python-pexpect sudo apt-get install libusb-dev libdbus-1-dev libglib2.0-dev sudo apt-get install libudev-dev libical-dev libreadline-dev sudo pip install bluepy
- Clone this repo to the Pi.
git clone https://github.com/OpenWonderLabs/python-host.git
- run the python code.
cd python-host sudo python switchbot.py
- Follow instructions to input the device number you want to control....
Share your words in our community.