During the month of July the majority of the maintainers will be on summer vacation
What is Backstage?
Backstage is an open platform for building developer portals. Powered by a centralized software catalog, Backstage restores order to your microservices and infrastructure and enables your product teams to ship high-quality code quickly — without compromising autonomy.
Backstage unifies all your infrastructure tooling, services, and documentation to create a streamlined development environment from end to end.
Out of the box, Backstage includes:
- Backstage Software Catalog for managing all your software (microservices, libraries, data pipelines, websites, ML models, etc.)
- Backstage Software Templates for quickly spinning up new projects and standardizing your tooling with your organization’s best practices
- Backstage TechDocs for making it easy to create, maintain, find, and use technical documentation, using a "docs like code" approach
- Plus, a growing ecosystem of open source plugins that further expand Backstage’s customizability and functionality
A detailed project roadmap, including already delivered milestones, is available here.
Check out the documentation on how to start using Backstage.
- Main documentation
- Software Catalog
- Architecture (Decisions)
- Designing for Backstage
- Storybook - UI components
- Discord chatroom - Get support or discuss the project
- Contributing to Backstage - Start here if you want to contribute
- RFCs - Help shape the technical direction
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Code of Conduct - This is how we roll
- Adopters - Companies already using Backstage
- Blog - Announcements and updates
- Newsletter - Subscribe to our email newsletter
- Backstage Community Sessions - Join monthly meetup and explore Backstage community
- Give us a star
⭐️- If you are using Backstage or think it is an interesting project, we would love a star ❤️
Copyright 2020-2021 © The Backstage Authors. All rights reserved. The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our Trademark Usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0