Bootstrap Theme Kit: Make your own Bootstrap 4 Themes
This is simple starter project to help you get started quickly when making a custom Bootstrap 4 theme.
There is a full tutorial avaiable at hackerthemes.com: How to build your own Bootstrap themes.
This readme is the short version of that.
What this project does
This repository includes a project structure with a build script that builds a custom CSS version of Bootstrap 4, using Gulp. You can clone this repository, run the Gulp task and go right into modifying variables and adding styles. There's also an HTML file that contains a neatly organized collection of Bootstrap components that fit a 1920x1080 display, so you can instantly see the outcome.
There is a short demonstration of this project on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi5ffoE3mPc
- This works on Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Node Package Manager and Gulp are required. Make sure you can run
- You can get Node at nodejs.org, then install gulp using
npm install gulp-cli -g
- Clone this repo
- Look at
index.html(ideally with a local development webserver)
- Add any Bootstrap Sass variables into
- Add any custom styles into
scss/_custom-styles.scss. You can use Bootstrap's mixins here.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 until you like what you see :-)