GitHub Follow Bot
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- How to Use
- Future Implementation
This is a PoC and was developed for educational purposes only. You may get your account banned. Use at your own risk.
Spam and Inauthentic Activity on GitHub
Automated excessive bulk activity and coordinated inauthentic activity, such as spamming, are prohibited on GitHub. Prohibited activities include:
- inauthentic interactions, such as fake accounts and automated inauthentic activity
- rank abuse, such as automated starring or following
pip install -r requirements.txt
Get a GitHub Personal Access Token
Make sure to enable the
user scope and all subscopes inside of that permission.
Add your GitHub username and PAT to
.env file on the project's root directory or edit
.env.sample (rename to
.env) and add your username and PAT.
How to Use
Target user's followers
python bot_follow.py -t <TARGET_USER>
Followers of the most popular users from a country
python bot_follow.py -p <COUNTRY_NAME>
From a file
Follow users from a pre-generated file (JSON)
python bot_follow.py -f <FILENAME>
note: Unfollow order is FIFO, as in the most recently followed user will be the last to be unfollowed.
Unfollow all your followings
python bot_unfollow.py -a
Only unfollow users who already follow you
python bot_unfollow.py -fo
Only unfollow users who don't follow you back
python bot_unfollow.py -nf
From a file
Unfollow users from a pre-generated file (JSON)
python bot_unfollow.py -f <FILENAME>
Set the maximum number of follow/unfollow actions
A random delay (in seconds) is performed after follow/unfollow actions or when the account is rate limited. You can change these delays to your liking with the following arguments:
- Minimum delay between actions
- Maximum delay between actions
- Minimum delay when rate limited
- Maximum delay when rate limited
- Schedule - Bot only performs actions between set time and sleeps after off-schedule
- Add follow source - Grab followers from users listed in a file
- Email followed users - Send an email to followed users with templates (colaboration, follow back or custom)
nrepositories of followed users
Contributions are welcome! Read the contribution guidelines first.
Wish there was another feature? Feel free to open an feature request issue with your suggestion!
If you find a bug, kindly open an bug report issue as described in the contribution guidelines.