/ _____) _ | | ( (____ _____ ____ _| |_ _____ ____| |__ \____ \| ___ | (_ _) ___ |/ ___) _ \ _____) ) ____| | | || |_| ____( (___| | | | (______/|_____)_|_|_| \__)_____)\____)_| |_| (C)2013 Semtech-Cycleo
LoRa Gateway project
- Core library: libloragw
This directory contains the sources of the library to build a gateway based on a Semtech LoRa multi-channel RF receiver (a.k.a. concentrator). Once compiled all the code is contained in the libloragw.a file that will be statically linked (ie. integrated in the final executable).
The library must be configured by editing the library.cfg file to set target platform, SPI interface, etc.
The library also comes with a bunch of basic tests programs that are used to test the different sub-modules of the library.
- Helper programs
Those programs are included in the project to provide examples on how to use the HAL library, and to help the system builder test different parts of it.
This software is used to set up a LoRa concentrator using a JSON configuration file and then record all the packets received in a log file, indefinitely, until the user stops the application.
This software is used to check the reliability of the link between the host platform (on which the program is run) and the LoRa concentrator register file that is the interface through which all interaction with the LoRa concentrator happens.
This software is used to send test packets with a LoRa concentrator. The packets contain little information, on no protocol (ie. MAC address) information but can be used to assess the functionality of a gateway downlink using other gateways as receivers.
This software is used to set LoRa concentrator in Tx continuous mode, for spectral measurement.
- Removed GPIO module from HAL, that was specific to IoT Starter Kit platform. GPIO configuration will be done from application script instead.
- Removed CFG_BRD configuration from library.cfg, not needed anymore
- Bugfix: Fixed frequency calculation on uplinks: lgw_receive() function was using a variable to calculate the frequency before it was initialized with correct value.
- Bugfix: util_pkt_logger crashed when no gateway_ID is not defined in global_conf.json
- Bufgix: Fixed util_tx_continuous compilation issue, by adding empty obj directory
- Bugfix: Fixed HAL compilation issue for CFG_SPI=ftdi, removed dependency on loragw_gpio in this case
- Added new HAL function lgw_board_setconf() to configure board/concentrator specific parameters: network type (LoRa public or private), concentrator clock source. Note: those parameters are not any more set from the library.cfg file configuration (CFG_NET, CFG_BRD), and should be passed at initialization by the application.
- Added new HAL function lgw_txgain_setconf() to configure concentrator TX gain table. It can now be dynamically set by the application at initialization time.
- Changed HAL function lgw_rxrf_setconf(), it will now also configure the radio type (CFG_RADIO has been removed from library.cfg), the RSSI offset to be used for this radio and if TX is enabled or not on this radio.
- Added support of IoT Starter Kit platform, which is now the default board.
- Added util_tx_continuous utility for gateway TX power calibration and spectral emission measurements/qualification.
- Removed CFG_BAND configuration from library.cfg. Band configuration is done by application and passed dynamically at initialization time.
- Updated makefiles to allow cross compilation from environment variable (ARCH, CROSS_COMPILE).
** WARNING: ** ** Known issue: a problem with carrier leakage calibration has been seen on 433MHz boards. **
- Added support for Kerlink 868 27dBm gateway
- Updated global_conf.eu868.json (in packet logger) to new LoRaWAN frequency plan
- Added version numbers to AGC, arbiter and calibration firmware (those versions are checked at startup)
- Added test_loragw_cal to test radio calibrations
- Fixed minor bug in error coverage in register read/write functions
/!\ warning: Kerlink 868 27dBm gateway includes a FPGA that MUST be programmed before running any application
- Added TX “start delay” compensation for timestamp mode (fix time window alignment issue at low SF and/or high BW)
- Added adaptive narrowband/wideband TX filtering for LoRa
- Added a command-line option to set CR in util_tx_test
- Added notes for TX “start delay” in immediate and triggered mode
/!\ warning: due to start delay compensation being implemented, TX that were previously 1.5ms late will be sent on time. At low datarate, this is not an issue. At high LoRa data rate (and FSK) you might have to adjust your timing.
- Fixed bug with 250kHz and 500 kHz TX filtering
- Adjusted FSK timestamp calibration in RX for accurate RX/TX alignment
- Added lgw_abort_tx() function to stop a TX at any time (scheduled or ongoing)
- Added support for user-settable FSK sync word (same for RX and TX)
- Added support for the Chinese 780 MHz band
- Added support for Kerlink 433 gateway
- Added support for Cisco 433, 470 & 780 MHz concentrators boards
- Adding option to isolate public LoRa MAC networks at PHY level.
- Enabling support for FSK per LoRa MAC specification
- Adjusting TX and RX calibration set on 868 reference board
- Added specific RX/TX calibration set for Kerlink 868 "IoT station" gateway
- Changed default SPI port for native driver to Kerlink SPI device number
- Added calibration routine to optimize RF performance
- Added support for SX1301 433 MHz reference board
- Improved AGC firmware
- Improved RSSI accuracy
- Improved utilities Makefile
- Added TX power management.
- Added full support for SX1301 reference board.
- Changed build system with configuration for multiple chip/radio/band support.
- SX125x bandwidth set to 1MHz by default (was 800 kHz).
- Solved warnings with 64b integer printf when compiling on x86_64.
- Renamed helper programs to reduce the concentrator vs. gateway confusion.
- Added a GPIO toggle on the FTDI SPI module to reset the SX1301 board.
- Fixed 'floating point exception' crash when concentrator returned a packet with SF=0 (CRC error on LoRa header).
- Fixed buggy timezone handling.
- Added feature: new GPS module in the library for synchronization.
- Removed feature: no more missed deadline detection in TX because of incompatibility with GPS.
- Added documentation for GPS and legal notice.
- Added flags in Makefiles for easier cross-compilation.
- Fixed bug 'no TX on radio B' (rfch 1).
- Added feature: concentrator processing delay compensation in the receive() function for accurate 'end of packet' even timestamping.
- Added feature: TX 'start delay' compensation in the send() function to emit packet exactly on target timestamp.
- Added feature: timestamp counter verification in send() function, return an error if scheduling was too late.
- Switched license to 'Revised BSD'.
v1.0.0 (from beta 8)
- Switched FTDI as default SPI phy layer in library.cfg.
- Fixed a bug in TX power control; still only two TW power available, 14 and 24 dBm.
- Changed library directory name from loragw_hal to libloragw to follow usual conventions.
Beta 8 (from beta 7)
- API: lgw_receive now return info on RX frequency and RF path for each packet (no need to keep track of RF/IF settings).
- Unified some portion of the code with the 470 MHz variant of the HAL (use SX1255 radios instead of SX1257).
- Improved AGC and ARB firmwares.
- Adding -Wall -Wextra for compilation, fixing all the new warnings for cleaner code.
- Fixed bugs in handling of FSK datarate.
- test_loragw_hal now dumps the content of all LoRa registers after configuration in reg_dump.log.
Beta 7 (from beta 5)
- Reduced number of SPI transactions to fetch a packet (improved number a packets par second that can be downloaded from concentrator).
- Streamlined build process, main target is now a static library: libloragw.a.
- Change memory allocation for payload: they are now part of the struct for TX/RX, no need to malloc/free.
- All RX chains can use any of the two radios now.
- FSK is available and working in TX and RX (variable length mode).
- Calibrated RSSI for FSK.
- lgw_connect now check the CHIP_ID.
- Added a license file and a changelog.
- Added a function returning a version string to allow identification of the version/options once compiled.
Private release, not taken into account in that changelog.
Beta 5 (from beta 4)
- Updated registers, firmware and configuration to align with r986 bitstream revision.
- Calibrated RSSI for LoRa "multi" and LoRa "stand alone" modems.
- Renamed some confusing TX status code.
- Added preliminary FSK support.
Beta 4 (from beta 3)
- Unified build environment with selectable SPI layer (Linux native or FTDI SPI-over-USB bridge).
- Remove the 500 kHz limit on radio bandwith, back to the nominal 800 kHz.
- Renamed debug flags.
- Legal notice
The information presented in this project documentation does not form part of any quotation or contract, is believed to be accurate and reliable and may be changed without notice. No liability will be accepted by the publisher for any consequence of its use. Publication thereof does not convey nor imply any license under patent or other industrial or intellectual property rights. Semtech assumes no responsibility or liability whatsoever for any failure or unexpected operation resulting from misuse, neglect improper installation, repair or improper handling or unusual physical or electrical stress including, but not limited to, exposure to parameters beyond the specified maximum ratings or operation outside the specified range.
SEMTECH PRODUCTS ARE NOT DESIGNED, INTENDED, AUTHORIZED OR WARRANTED TO BE SUITABLE FOR USE IN LIFE-SUPPORT APPLICATIONS, DEVICES OR SYSTEMS OR OTHER CRITICAL APPLICATIONS. INCLUSION OF SEMTECH PRODUCTS IN SUCH APPLICATIONS IS UNDERSTOOD TO BE UNDERTAKEN SOLELY AT THE CUSTOMER’S OWN RISK. Should a customer purchase or use Semtech products for any such unauthorized application, the customer shall indemnify and hold Semtech and its officers, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, and distributors harmless against all claims, costs damages and attorney fees which could arise.