- A clean, beautiful, and minimal prompt
- The perfect prompt character. Seriously. Sindre Sorhus went through the entire unicode range to find it. All other prompt characters bow before this prompt character.
- Takes up two lines with a blank space preceding it. At first I thought this was weird but now I can’t imagine going back.
- Shows the working directory
- Shows the current git branch or revision
- Shows up/down arrows if you have unpushed/unpulled commits
- The prompt character turns red if the last command’s exit status is 1
fish doesn’t have any kind of plugin system so you just have to download the file and save it as
Here’s a one-liner you can run.
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/brandonweiss/pure.fish/master/fish_prompt.fish > ~/.config/fish/functions/fish_prompt.fish
To make it easier to update you can clone this repo and then symlink the prompt into place.
git clone https://github.com/brandonweiss/pure.fish.git ln -s ./pure.fish/fish_prompt.fish ~/.config/fish/functions/fish_prompt.fish
- Fork it ( http://github.com/brandonweiss/pure.fish/fork )
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am ‘Add some feature’)
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create new Pull Request