Create public and private stories from your life
This app uses Node.js/Express/MongoDB with Google OAuth for authentication
It uses Docker + docker-compose for local execution, Terraform to provision cloud resources, and Github actions for CI/CD.
For full tutorial, see the video I created for the Traversy Media YouTube channel.
Add your mongoDB URI and Google OAuth credentials to the config.env file.
This will use docker-compose to build the application into a docker image and then run it alongside a Mongo DB container.
The terraform configuration provisions:
- GCP Compute Engine Virtual Machine
- Atlas MongoDB Cluster
- Cloudflare DNS "A" Record
Using the terraform config requires:
- Creating a GCP project (+ service account key for TF to use)
- Creating an Atlas project (+ API key for TF to use)
- Creating a Cloudflare account (+ API token for TF to use)
.github/workflows/build-push-deploy.yaml contains a workflow which deploys to a staging environment on pushes to the
master branch and to a production environment on pushes of tags of the form