Eleventy starter set
See the online demo.
How to use
- Clone this to a local repo.
- Make appropriate changes to
_data/siteparams.jsonto conform to your site’s parameters.
npm installto load all the dependencies in
package.json, which includes Eleventy.
npm run startfrom your terminal app. You can then view the site in http://localhost:3000 on your computer.
- Read the sample posts and their Markdown files to see how everything works.
- Edit the content to make it your own!
- When ready, deploy the site to your chosen host.
What’s under the hood
- Lazy-loading of some images through use of lazyload.
- Responsive images through the
eleventy-imgplugin and an
- PostCSS and Tailwind CSS. As of version 2.1.0, Tailwind includes the still-in-preview @tailwindcss/jit library; read more about it in this announcement.
- Alpine.js for the nav menu.
- Internal CSS in production mode, which is better for performance scores because it means one fewer render-blocking resource. In development mode, the CSS comes from a locally called