FunnelWeb is an open source blog engine, built by developers for developers. Instead of fancy quotes and oodles of widgets, we focus on letting you post beautiful code samples, keeping your markup clean and valid, and encouraging collaboration with rich comments. FunnelWeb is easy to install, and has an active community.
FunnelWeb is built on top of Markdown which is a HTML abstraction layer allowing you to author your articles in a clean text format which will be transformed to HTML for serving on your site.
For editing we recommend that you use Downmarker which is just like Windows Live Writer but for Markdown.
Really we recommend that you grab the code from this repository and run the
build.bat file. This will generate you an output that you can publish onto your server and run through the installer.
If you're not a fan of running bleeding edge software you can download a stable build.
Lastly you need to modify the
my.config file which contains your login information and SQL connection information.
- Found a bug? Let us know!
- Got a question? Drop us a line!
- Fixed something? Send us a pull request on Bitbucket or GitHub!
FunnelWeb is licensed under the New BSD license.
Copyright (c) 2009, FunnelWeb Contributors All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
- Neither the name of FunnelWeb nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.