Free Web3 Resources
This is a list of Tons of Free Web3 Resources.
This is primarily for Ethereum Developers, but many concepts are shared among different Blockchain or involve different blockchains
- The Fable of the Dragon-Tyrant An inspirational reading to warm up.
- Ethereum Whitepaper Introductory paper published in 2014 by Vitalik Buterin, Ethereum's founder, before the launch in 2015.
- Endgame An Article by Vitalik Buterin to have an idea of the direction Ethereum is taking.
- Blockchain Trilemma An article about the Blockchain Trilemma.
- Ethereum Yellowpaper The "Yellow Paper": Ethereum's formal specification
- Complete Web3.0 And Solidity Development Roadmap 2022 by Vittorio Rivabella
- Your Roadmap To Becoming A Web 3.0 Developer by Oliver Jumpertz
- Web 3.0: A Developer Roadmap, Guide, and Resources to Get Started by Olubisi Idris Ayinde
- The Complete Roadmap and Resources to Become a Web3 Developer in 2022 by Nagaraj Pandith
- How To Get Into Crypto? 2022 Roadmap For A Web3 Developer by Darrius Singleton
- Roadmap to become a web3 developer by Darshancodes
- My roadmap in web 3 by Jesus Guerrero
Ethereum free resources
- Ethereumbook Mastering Ethereum, by Andreas M. Antonopoulos, Gavin Wood
- Ethereum Wiki Ethereum wiki covering all things related to Ethereum.
- EthHub The goal of EthHub is to provide a single source for essential Ethereum information.
- ethereum.org ethereum.org is your portal into the world of Ethereum.
- Solidity Docs Solidity documentation
- Decentralizing Everything Naval Ravikant brings Ethereum's Vitalik Buterin onstage to explain what it is and why it's useful.
- Ethereum Foundation YT Channel Ethereum Foundation YouTube Channel. It currently has 45k Subscribers
- Awesome Ethereum by bekatom Awesome Ethereum Resources
- Awesome Ethereum Security A curated list of awesome Ethereum security references
- District0x An educational resource about Ethereum targeted at beginners.
- EtherWorld An Ethereum educational resource in the form of blogs and video guides
- Ethereum Boilerplate Ethereum Dapp Boilerplate by Moralis. Despite the name, it also works with any EVM and Solana
- Solidity Solidity is an object-oriented, high-level language for implementing smart contracts.
- Vyper Vyper is a contract-oriented, pythonic programming language that targets the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM).
- Solidity Cheatsheet A comprehensive Solidity Cheatsheet.
- Solidity Cheatsheet by Manojpramesh Cheat sheet and best practices for solidity. Write smart contracts for Ethereum.
An Ethereum client is the software that allows Ethereum nodes to read the block on the Ethereum network. (more...)
- Geth Official Go implementation of the Ethereum protocol
- Nethermind flagship .NET Core Ethereum client for Linux, Windows, MacOs - full and actively developed.
- Besu An enterprise-grade Java-based, Apache 2.0 licensed Ethereum client
- Erigon Ethereum implementation on the efficiency frontier
Ethereum in different languages
- ethereum.org in different languages Ethereum docs in 43 languages
- Web3dev Content and community for web 3 developers in Brazilian.
- Ethereum Wiki Ethereum Wiki in Chinese
- Ethereum France Main website for Ethereum Content, Communities and Events in French.
- Learn Solidity Microsoft website to learn Solidity in German
- Ethereum Italy Main website for Ethereum Content, Communities and Events in Italian.
- Cointelegraph Ethereum guide for Web3 beginners in Spanish.
- BTK Academy blockchain and cryptocurrency-focused course in Turkish.
- Tino Group Ethereum info, wallets and FAQ in Vietnamese
- LearnWeb3DAO Curious about Web3 as a developer? Wonder what are NFTs, DAOs, DeFi, and Smart Contracts? This is the place for you!.
- Developer DAO Build web3 with friends. New membership is officially open.
- Buildspace Onboarding devs to web3. Start building cool stuff right now, earn NFTs, access secret opportunities in crypto.
- Web3 University Teaching Web3 to 20k+ developers worldwide.
- WebXDAO An Open Source Community that focuses on decentralized applications, web 3, and blockchain technologies
- thirdweb Smart contracts you control. Tools that accelerate your workflow. Intuitive SDKs and widgets for developers.
- Moralis The Ultimate Web3 Development Platform.
- Chainlink Chainlink decentralized oracle networks provide tamper-proof inputs, outputs, and computations to support advanced smart contracts on any blockchain.
- Flux Flux is the trustless data layer for web3. Flux is a cross-chain oracle that provides smart contracts with access to economically secure data feeds on anything.
Off Chain Data Protocols
- Ceramic Network Ceramic is a decentralized data network that brings unlimited data composability to Web3 applications.
- Gun The decentralized distributed graph database engine. GunDB is the Open Source Firebase alternative, a web3 data protocol.
- OpenSea Opensea is the largest NFT marketplace and the one I used to mint my first NFT.
- Looksrare LooksRare is a community-first NFT marketplace with rewards for participating.
- Axie Infinity Axie Marketplace is the online shop for the video game Axie Infinity.
- Rarible A very large marketplace, partnered with Adobe. To use the marketplace, you need its own token "Rarible"
- Decentraland Decentraland is completely based on the fantasy (Metaverse), with pretty much the same functionality as the real world.
- Alchemy One magic line of code supercharges your development with the world’s most powerful blockchain developer platform, relied upon by the majority of the world's top blockchain apps.
- Infura Suite of high availability APIs and Developer Tools that can provide quick, reliable access to the Ethereum and IPFS networks so you can focus on building and scaling next generation software.
- Quicknode Hosted Blockchain Infrastructure as a Service.
Decentralized Storage thread
- Arweave Arweave enables you to store documents and applications forever.
- IPFS A peer-to-peer hypermedia protocol designed to preserve and grow humanity's knowledge by making the web upgradeable, resilient, and more open.
- Filecoin Filecoin is an open-source, public cryptocurrency and digital payment system intended to be a blockchain-based cooperative digital storage and data retrieval method.
Ethereum Development Environment
- Hardhat Ethereum development environment for professionals.
- Truffle A world class development environment, testing framework and asset pipeline for blockchains using the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), aiming to make life as a developer easier.
- Brownie Brownie is a Python-based development and testing framework for smart contracts targeting the Ethereum Virtual Machine.
- Foundry Foundry is a blazing fast, portable and modular toolkit for Ethereum application development written in Rust.
Ethereum Development IDEs
- Remix IDE Web IDE with built in static analysis, test blockchain VM.
- VS Code with Solidity Extensions Visutal Studio Code Solidity Extension.
- WalletConnect WalletConnect is the web3 standard to connect blockchain wallets to dapps.
- MetaMask MetaMask is a software cryptocurrency wallet used to interact with the Ethereum blockchain.
- Phantom Phantom makes it safe & easy for you to store, buy, send, receive, swap tokens and collect NFTs on the Solana blockchain.
- The Graph The Graph is an indexing protocol for querying networks like Ethereum and IPFS.
- Web3.js Web3.js is a collection of libraries that allow you to interact with a local or remote ethereum node using HTTP, IPC or WebSocket.
- Ether.js The ethers.js library aims to be a complete and compact library for interacting with the Ethereum Blockchain and its ecosystem.
A list of currently active Blockchains projects. Sorted Alphabetically.
- Algorand Algorand is a blockchain cryptocurrency protocol based on proof of stake and a Byzantine agreement that aims to be scalable.
- Arbitrum The ideal scaling solution for many DeFi apps Arbitrum Rollup can scale any Ethereum contract.
- Avalanche Avalanche is a decentralized, open-source blockchain with smart contract functionality.
- Binance Smart Chain BNB, is the blockchain gas token that fuels transactions on BNB Chain.
- BitCoin Bitcoin is an innovative payment network and a new kind of money.
- Cardano Cardano is a public blockchain platform. It is open-source and decentralized, with consensus achieved using proof of stake.
- Celo Celo is global payments infrastructure that makes financial tools accessible to anyone with a mobile phone.
- Corda Build digital financial solutions quickly on the only private, secure, and scalable DLT platform designed for regulated markets.
- Cosmos Cosmos is an ever-expanding ecosystem of interconnected apps and services, built for a decentralized future.
- EOSIO EOSIO is an open-source blockchain platform that helps developers, investors, and businesses build with confidence.
- Ethereum Ethereum is the community-run technology powering the cryptocurrency ether (ETH) and thousands of decentralized applications.
- Fantom Fantom is a highly scalable blockchain platform for DeFi, crypto dApps, and enterprise applications.
- Hedera Hashgraph Hashgraph is a distributed ledger technology that has been described as an alternative to blockchains.
- Hyperledger Fabric Hyperledger Fabric is intended as a foundation for developing apps or solutions with a modular architecture.
- IBM Blockchain Trusted data exchange and workflow automation beyond the boundaries with distributed ledger and blockchain.
- Klaytn Kakao’s global public blockchain project Klaytn is an enterprise-grade, service-centric platform that brings user-friendly blockchain experience to millions.
- Lightning Network Scalable, Instant Bitcoin/Blockchain Transactions.
- MultiChain MultiChain helps organizations to build and deploy blockchain applications with speed.
- Near Through simple, secure, and scalable technology, NEAR empowers millions to invent and explore new experiences.
- Oasis A privacy-enabled blockchain platform for open finance and a responsible data economy.
- Optimism Optimism is a low-cost and lightning-fast Ethereum L2 blockchain.
- Oracle Blockchain Oracle offers easy ways to adopt blockchain technology including a cloud service, an on-premises edition, and a SaaS application for supply chain.
- Polkadot Polkadot is an open source, blockchain platform and cryptocurrency that allows for distributed computing.
- Polygon Polygon is a decentralized Ethereum scaling platform that enables devs to build scalable user-friendly dApps.
- Solana Solana is a decentralized blockchain built to enable scalable, user-friendly apps for the world.
- Starknet StarkNet is a permissionless decentralized ZK-Rollup. It operates as an L2 network over Ethereum.
- Stellar Stellar is an open network for storing and moving money.
- Tezos Tezos is a decentralized blockchain that can execute p2p transactions and serve as a platform for deploying smart contracts.
- Tron TRON is a decentralized, blockchain-based operating system with smart contract functionality and proof-of-stake consensus.
- XinFin Enterprise Ready Hybrid Blockchain For Global Trade and Finance.
- ZkSync zkSync is a ZK rollup solving Ethereum scalability with zero security compromises.