Online curated resources that will help you prepare for taking the Kubernetes and Cloud Native Associate KCNA Certification exam.
- Please raise an issue, or make a pull request for fixes, new additions, or updates.
- Duration : one and a half (1.5) hours
Passing score: 75%
Certification validity: three (3) years
Cost: $250 USD, One (1) year exam eligibility, with a free retake within the year.
General idea, What is the exam all about? and what was its objectives? Katie Gamanji interview by TFIR/Swapnil
Linux Foundation offer several discounts around the year, try to check first if there is a discount. e.g. CyberMonday, Kubecon attendees among other special holidays/events
- First, a history and background
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation context from a CNCF legend Dan Kohn, in less than 10 minutes Keynote: Stitching Things Together – Dan Kohn, Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation
Repo Strategy (My opinion on what is important)
This is a good start into Cloud Native and Kubernetes journey; it won't guarantee you a job or salary increase. Your goal should be to learn more about cloud-native computing foundation CNCF, and Kubernetes eco-systems and how that might help you in your career or hobbies.
Join a CNCF community, local or virtual, be part of the CNCF community
Understand and learn the basics:
- Nana and Amigoscode created a 4-hour video covering (Docker and Kubernetes)[https://youtu.be/bhBSlnQcq2k]
Ensure you start early in understanding and applying best practices:
Get more overview of the CNCF ecosystem
Understand and learn the history, differences and special use cases especially for CNCF projects
- For example Docker vs. Containerd vs. CRI-o, and other container runtimes e.g. rkt, gvisor, kata.
- The different Gitops engines: Flusk, ArgoCD, Fleet
Don't stop learning and always be curious Another opinion: Saiyam KCNA Kubernetes and Cloud Native Associate certification https://youtu.be/iGkFHB1kFZ0
Cloud Native definition
Cloud Native technologies empower organizations to build and run scalable applications in modern, dynamic environments such as public, private, and hybrid clouds. Containers, service meshes, microservices, immutable infrastructure, and declarative APIs exemplify this approach.
These techniques enable loosely-coupled systems that are resilient, manageable, and observable. Combined with robust automation, they allow engineers to make high-impact changes frequently and predictably with minimal toil.
The Cloud Native Computing Foundation seeks to drive adoption of this paradigm by fostering and sustaining an ecosystem of open source, vendor-neutral projects. We democratize state-of-the-art patterns to make these innovations accessible for everyone.
KCNA curriculum repo topics overview
- Kubernetes Fundamentals - 46%
- Container Orchestration - 22%
- Cloud Native Architecture - 16%
- Cloud Native Observability - 8%
- Cloud Native Application Delivery - 8%
Extra helpful materials
Kubernetes Fundamentals - 46%
- Kubernetes Resources
- Kubernetes Architecture
- Kubernetes API
Container Orchestration - 22%
Cloud Native Architecture - 16%
Cloud Native Observability - 8%
Cloud Native Application Delivery - 8%
- Application Delivery Fundamentals
Training and practice exams:
- UDEMY Kubernetes and Cloud Native Associate (KCNA) Practice Exams
- Linux Foundation Kubernetes and Cloud Native Essentials (LFS250)
- Exampro.co course and practice exams -- in-progress, should be out first-second week of Feburary 2022, watch this space
- VMware Kube Academy
- CIVO k8s Academy