Taskify is an app to manage your daily tasks and boost your productivity
This is a small introduction video about Taskify https://youtu.be/MEuoxix5SGY.
You can Install and test latest Taskify app from below
Clone the repository on your machine. Open the project on your IDE and connect it to firebase and harperDB and everything will be setup
It uses firebase and HarperDB as it's backend. It uses Firebase Authentication for email based auth and Google auth, Firebase Crashlytics for crash reporting and HarperDB as its database.
- Fully functionable.
- Clean and Simple Material UI.
- It supports dark theme too
Insights into the app
Taskify offers light as well as dark theme
Taskify supports both email based and Social media authentication like Google authentication. Planning to add Facebook authentication too.
Have a look at your running task, upcoming and completed tasks all in one place. Create a task by pressing the FAB below.
Taskify lets you start a timer
- Kotlin - First class and official programming language for Android development.
- Coroutines - For asynchronous and more..
- Flow - A cold asynchronous data stream that sequentially emits values and completes normally or with an exception.
- StateFlow - StateFlow is a state-holder observable flow that emits the current and new state updates to its collectors.
- Android Architecture Components - Collection of libraries that help you design robust, testable, and maintainable apps.
- ViewModel - Stores UI-related data that isn't destroyed on UI changes.
- ViewBinding - Generates a binding class for each XML layout file present in that module and allows you to more easily write code that interacts with views.
- DataBinding - Binds data directly into XML layouts
- Room - Room is an android library which is an ORM which wraps android's native SQLite database
- DataStore - Jetpack DataStore is a data storage solution that allows you to store key-value pairs or typed objects with protocol buffers.
- Dependency Injection -
- Retrofit - A type-safe HTTP client for Android and Java.
- GSON - A modern JSON library for Kotlin and Java.
- Timber - A simple logging library for android.
- GSON Converter - A Converter which uses Moshi for serialization to and from JSON.
- Glide - An image loading and caching library for Android focused on smooth scrolling
- Coil - An image loading library for Android backed by Kotlin Coroutines.
- Material Components for Android - Modular and customizable Material Design UI components for Android.
com.vaibhav.taskify # Root Package . ├── data # For data handling. | ├── local # Room DB and its related classes | ├── remote # Firebase, HarperDB and their relative classes │ ├── model # Model data classes, both remote and local entities │ └── repo # Single source of data. | ├── di # Dependency Injection │ └── module # DI Modules | ├── ui # UI/View layer | ├── adapters # All Adapters, viewholder and diffUtils for recyclerViews │ ├── auth # Authorization Activity and its fragments │ ├── mainScreen # Home Activity and its fragments | ├── addTaskScreen # Add Task Activity and its fragments | ├── onBoarding # OnboardingScreen │ └── splashScreen # SplashScreen | ├── service # Timer Service and its related classes | └── utils # Utility Classes / Kotlin extensions
This app uses MVVM (Model View View-Model) architecture.
If you need any help, you can connect with me.