React NodeGUI is powered by React
Visit: https://nodegui.github.io/nodegui for docs.
How does it look?
🧬Cross platform. Should work on major Linux flavours, Windows and MacOS 📉Low CPU and memory footprint. Current CPU stays at 0% on idle and memory usage is under 20mb for a hello world program. 💅Styling with CSS (includes actual cascading). Also has full support for Flexbox layout (thanks to Yoga). ✅Complete Nodejs api support (Currently runs on Node v12.x - and is easily upgradable). Hence has access to all nodejs compatible npm modules. 🎪Native widget event listener support. supports all event available from Qt / NodeJs. 💸Can be used for Commercial applications. 🕵️♂️Good Devtools support (hot reload, live reload, debugging etc). 📚Good documentation and website. 🧙♂️Good documentation for contributors.
- 🦹🏻♀️ Good support for dark mode (Thanks to QT).
🏅First class Typescript support. (Works on regular JS projects too 😉).
- (Partial support is present) Easily exstensible for creating custom native widgets (like react native).
- (Partial) Should have a decent list of stylable native widgets.
- Easy build and packaging process.
- Check out react-nodegui-starter to get up and running with your own React NodeGUI app!
- Read through the docs
Docs for contributing
Looking to contribute? If you wish to implement a new widget/add more features and need help understanding the codebase. You can start here:
Contributing developer docs link:
npm run build [--qt_home_dir=/path/to/qt]