About Go Play Space
Main differences from the official Go Playground:
- Syntax highlighting
- Golang help lookup: double-click on e.g.
Printlnfunction name in source code, and you will see the relevant help topic.
- Live syntax error checking
- Error line highlighting (both for syntax errors and for errors returned from the compiler)
- Ability to highlight lines and blocks of code (like on Github, but better!) — just click on the line numbers. Use Shift and Ctrl to modify the selection
- Keyboard shortcuts (see button captions). Note that both Cmd and Ctrl keys work interchangeably
- Support for several UI themes
- Support for Fira Code font (if it is installed in your system)
go importsis always run before running your code, so you don't usually have to worry about imports at all
Code execution is proxied to the official Go Playground, so your programs will work the same. Shared snippets are also stored on golang.org servers.
Download the package:
$ go get -u github.com/iafan/goplayspace/...
Compile both client-side code and server binary:
$ cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/iafan/goplayspace/bin $ ./build-client && ./build-server
Run the server:
Then open http://localhost:8080/ in your browser.
Go proverbs: Rob Pike