New design for 2017.
The homepage is generated using the static site generator hugo. Install this if you want to modify the site.
- Check out the repo
- Go to the
/contentfolder to change the content of pages, or the
/layoutsfolder for aesthetic changes.
- If you'd like to view the site locally, run
hugo serverand navigate to localhost:1313. While
hugo serveris running, it will automatically build and refresh pages you edit, so long as there are no errors.
- Edit the page you're interested in. Note that folders in content which have an
_index.mdare list pages and will output the contents of all the other pages in the folder. Folders with
index.md(no underscore) are just single-page entries rather than list pages.
- Push. See deployment notes below for making your changes live.
Anything on intermine/intermine-homepage-2017 master branch will automatically be deployed to InterMine.org, with the help of Travis CI. The code repo for intermine.org content is intermine/intermine.github.io
There are two files in the static folder that are only there in order to be deployed in the intermine.gitgub.io repo - these files are static/readme.md and static/sample-CNAME. Do not remove them - remocing the readme will mean there is no pointer to this repo for intermine.github.io, and removing the CNAME file will stop any content on gh-paged from pointing to intermine.org. Look at .travis.yml if you want to see what is done with these two files upon deployment.
Publication info at http://www.intermine.org/publications is drawn from the Zotero API. To update the site's list of publications:
- Join our Zotero group if you haven't already.
- Add the publication you're looking for to our lists - make sure to put it in the correct collection folder! (Don't type it all in to the website - use the web plugin).
- To update the website, simply check this project out and run
hugoto re-generate the publication list.
- Follow the deploying step above.
Many of the icons shown are from the Smashing Magazine Ballicons 3 free set.
If you wish to edit the layout or styles, please edit
static/style.less. There is no workflow / server task for compiling the less - you will need to do this manually and check your compiled css in to the repo.