FollowMe for Pepper
FollowMe is a python behaviour for letting Pepper follow you. Pepper is trying to stay about 0.5 m away from the person in his focus. The behaviour is operated through voice commands.
Pepper listens to the following keywords:
- stop | stay
To initialize the behaviour call
follow_me_module = FollowMe(session)
The behaviour will listen to the oral commands as soon as the modul is initialized.
You can stop the behaviour by calling:
- Pepper follows the first person found by the ALPeoplePerception service.
- ALPeoplePerception has troubles recognizing people in bright light.
- Pepper is slow (max. ~3 km/h)
- The security distances within the ALMotion services have been minimized to allow Pepper to walk through doors. We can't guarantee that the object avoidance will work properly. Take care.
In example.py you can find a basic usage of the FollowMe modul.
from time import sleep import qi from follow_me import FollowMe if __name__ == "__main__": connection_url = "amber.local:9559" app = qi.Application(["--qi-url=" + connection_url]) app.start() session = app.session follow_me_module = FollowMe(session) try: while True: sleep(1) except KeyboardInterrupt: follow_me_module.stop() print "Stopping..."
- Ask the person to slow down if Pepper can't follow.
- Ask person to get in front of Pepper if no one is recognized.
- Improve behaviour if pepper loses sight to person