Mattermost Android Application (Beta)
Mattermost Android Application for use with Mattermost server 2.1 and higher (http://www.mattermost.org/download/).
Note: The Mattermost Android App requires APIs being introduced in Mattermsot 2.1, which releases on March 16, 2016. You can test Android app functionality by joining the nightly builds server at https://pre-release.mattermost.com/core or by compiling Mattermost platform from the latest source code.
- Please see Mattermost Android App testing documentation for how to help test new releases.
- See listing of verified Android devices on which this application has been manually tested.
- Minimum required Android operating system is 4.4.2+.
Requirements for Deployment
- Understanding of Mattermost push notifications.
- Experience compiling and deploying Android applications to Google Play or as .apk files within companies.
- An Google Developer account and appropriate Google devices to compile, test and deploy the application.
- Install Mattermost 2.1 or higher.
- Compile and deploy this Android application either to Google Play or to an .apk file.
- Install the latest stable release of the Mattermost Push Notifications Server using the private and public keys generated for your Android application from step 2.
- In the Mattermost Platform Server go to System Console > Email Settings > Push Notifications Server and add the web address of the Mattermost Push Notifications Server. Set System Console > Send Push Notifications to
- On your Android device, download and install your app and enter the Team URL and credentials based on a team set up on your Mattermost Platform Server.