About ADXDA Edition
FreedomOS, resurrected. Everything you knew and loved is back for more
Become a part of the community by joining the FreedomOS ADXDA Discord. Keep up to date with the latest releases and help to test and contribute to the project.
- Linux x64 (others architectures are not currently supported).
- 30GiB of free space or more.
- Optional packages:
adbfor pulling updated apps and pushing rom with automatic flash.
javafor signed the zip file.
aria2for paralleled download.
pacman -S python python2 zip curl openssl ncurses cpio python-virtualenv unzip binutils lzip
apt-get install python zip curl openssl libncurses-dev cpio python-virtualenv gawk binutils lzip
How to build
IT IS KNOWN THAT THERE CAN BE ISSUES AT THIS TIME COMPILING USING THE GIT SOURCE. WE ARE WORKING ON RECTIFYING THE ISSUE.
Clone all the required repos:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/aaronduce/FreedomOS-adxda.git
To update all the repos:
git pull --recurse-submodules
Build the rom with the interactive menu:
Or build the rom with the one line command:
<device>: to get the list of the available devices just type
<version>: anything you wan want (e.g 1.0)
<build_type>: put your developer name for public release, or
debug for testing (e.g nevax)
In order to build a public release build, you need to generate your own private keys (see gitlab Wiki)
bash build.sh -d <device> -v <version> -t <build_type> # example bash build.sh -d OnePlus5 -v 1.0 -t adxda
It will download all the needed files and start building your project.
If you forget to pull the submodules, run this command:
git submodule update --init --recursive
- Nevax07 - For the original ROM build
- kickoff - For the aroma theme
- Chainfire - For SuperSU
- amarullz - For aroma project and the themes
- topjohnwu - For Magisk
- rovo89 - For Xposed Installer
- DVDandroid - For Xposed Installer
- xpirt - For img2sdat
- A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems - For Sound Tweaks and Systems
- The Open GApps Project - For Google Apps
- Tolyan and other Google Camera Port Developers - For the Google Camera Port
- Pexels Artists and Photographers - For some of the background images
Join the team
You can join our teams for testing (if you have one of our supported or planned to be supported devices).
XDA thread - NOT AVAILABLE - as of 9th February 2019