Watch streaming media with friends.
- Runs on Windows and macOS.
- Synchronized playback of streaming media across various websites.
- Public, private, and offline sessions.
- Support for P2P (WebRTC) and Direct IP (WebSocket) connections.
- P2P uses swarm-peer-server with 64-character hex public keys, called "friend codes".
- Both P2P and Direct IP use client-server architecture.
- Real-time chat with peers.
- Queue of media requested by peers in session.
- Discord Rich Presense, avatars, and user session invites.
- Timestamp cue points parsed from media description.
- Auto-fullscreen of embedded media players on websites.
- Per-user playback permissions, managed by the host.
- Basic host administrative functionality (kicking peers).
- Partial support for Chrome Extensions.
- Localization—see info on contributing.
- Add Discord Rich Presence integration (#2).
- Add localization (#5).
- Move back to Electron (#1).
- Improve networking reliability.
- Add favorites/bookmarks (#21).
- Add playlists.
- Add audio mode (#22).
Have a feature in mind? Make a request by creating a GitHub issue.
Download the latest version of Metastream from the official website.
Download specific installer files from the GitHub releases page.
Try the (unstable) development version by cloning the Git repository. See the "How to Contribute" instructions.
How to Contribute
Get the code
$ git clone https://github.com/samuelmaddock/metastream.git $ cd metastream $ yarn
Run the app
$ yarn dev # Open multiple instances for local network testing $ NUM_WINDOWS=2 yarn dev
Package the app
Builds app binaries for the host architecture.
$ yarn package
The version of Electron used in the release app depends on a fork which is not yet automatically used in the current build process. It can be manually downloaded from samuelmaddock/muon. Once downloaded, place the ZIP into