Dream Bot Mark II
I really wish I did this in some other language, this bot's code went bad.
- To install Luvit, visit https://luvit.io and follow the instructions provided for your platform.
- To install Discordia, run
lit install SinisterRectus/discordia.
- Clone this repository.
config.luaand change it to your liking.
- Go to the Discord Applications page and create an application in it.
- Give the application a bot user, and put its token in the
tokenfield of the config.
- Invite your bot to your server using this URL: https://discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=CLIENT_ID&scope=bot&permissions=0
CLIENT_IDby the Client ID displayed on your application's page.
- To set yourself as owner, turn on the developer mode in Discord's options and get your user ID like so. Then you can add it to the config file the same way as I added mine.
- Default prefix is
d$, change it if you want and add as much as you like.
- Run the bot inside of the repository's folder using the
start.shscript file or the
- Some features may only work if you supply valid credentials / API keys related to them and give the bot enough permissions. (example: color roles related commands require role management permissions)
- ImageMagick is required to be installed for better color previews, only works on Linux at the moment.
d$help in a channel your bot has access to or in a private message and the bot will print out all of the available commands.
Command parsing goes like this:
d$test "hello 1 2 3",yes.
The arguments supplied to a command would be
hello 1 2 3 and