Awesome VCS tools
A curated list of awesome Version control tools - clients, diffs etc.
Git - most popular decentralized version control system.
- Git magic book by Ben Lynn.
- Pro Git book by Scott Chacon and Ben Straub.
- Git How to - a guided tour that walks through the fundamentals of Git.
- Git Cheatsheet - Git Cheatsheet from NDP software.
- Git Immersion - is a guided tour that walks through the fundamentals of Git.
- GitHub Desktop - official GitHub client.
- SmartGit - stand-alone or portable Git client.
- TortoiseGit - Windows Explorer shell extension.
- Git Extensions - Windows Explorer extension.
- Legit - command-line interface for Git, optimized for workflow simplicity.
- Turbo Git - commit convention support.
- Magit - A Git Porcelain inside Emacs.
- gitforge Utility for manipulating git forges.
- forge-cli cLI for editing and creating issues and merge requests on Gitlab, github and others.
- GitHub Engineering - The Blog of the GitHub Engineering Team.
- http://githut.info/ - GitHub language statistics
- Git.io - GitHub links shortened
- GitHub Archive - GitHub statistics
gitignore is a rules for Git working copy.
- github/gitignore - a collection of .gitignore templates
- gitignore.io - create useful .gitignore Files For Your Project
SVN - popular centralized version control system.
- SVN Red book - you should to start here.
Stand-alone diff tools
- KDiff https://sourceforge.net/projects/kdiff3
- WinDiff https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WinDiff
- WinMerge - compare and merge text files
- ccdiff https://sourceforge.net/projects/ccdiff
- DiffEngineX https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DiffEngineX
- Diff-Text https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diff-Text
- Pretty Diff https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Diff
- ExamDiff http://www.prestosoft.com/ps.asp?page=edp_examdiff
- Compare It! http://www.grigsoft.com/wincmp3.htm
- Diffuse https://sourceforge.net/projects/diffuse
- N++ https://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-compare
- Araxis merge http://www.araxis.com/merge/
- DiffMerge http://www.sourcegear.com/diffmerge/
- Perforce Visual Merge https://www.perforce.com/product/components/perforce-visual-merge-and-diff-tools
- SemanticMerge https://www.semanticmerge.com/index.html
- DiffPlug https://www.diffplug.com/
Image and CAD file diff
Perceptual Image Diff https://sourceforge.net/projects/pdiff/
Beyond Compare http://www.scootersoftware.com/
Fast File Diff (see AutoDesk Forum topic https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/HelpDoc?appId=4961723067758954084&appLang=en&os=Win32_64#contactinfo)
- nbdime - diffing and merging of Jupyter notebooks
- Gogs.io - cross-platform self-hosted Git service
Merging and sharing
- Copybara Tool for transforming and moving code between repositories.
- meta Tool for turning many repos into a meta repo.
- mfetch_upstream Fetches upstream and merges from multiple repositories.
- fbshipit Tool to copy commits between repositories.
- git-bzr-ng Bi-directional git to bzr bridge.
- git-tf Simple two-way Git-TFS bridge.
- gitbitlabhub Tool to mirror repositories between Bitbucket, Gitlab, and Github.
- github-action-build-chain Tool for github actions to build multiple projects from different repositories.
- github-repository-sync-action Github action to push changes to branch in github repository to any remote repository.
- github-sync Github Actionfor syncing current repository with remote.
- gitman Tool for Git to help manage, fetch upstream, and modify projects through various Git websites.
- git-merge-repos Program for merging multiple Git repositories into one.
- peru Tool for including other people's code in your project.
- repository-mirroring-action Github Action for mirroring a repository to another repository.
- sparkleshare Tool for sharing and collaborating through synchronized Git repos.
- svnAndGit Script to allow two-way workflow between git and subversion.
Just fork and send a pull request with your awesome Version control tools - clients, diffs etc.